I want to minimalize that amount of unused weapons within FFT. Thus these are the weapons available.
Swords(dual wield ok, shield ok, two hands ok)
Katana(two hands ok)
Wakazashi(old ninja knives)(dual wield ok, shield ok, two hand ok)
Bows (innate Two hands)
Guns (no dual wield, shield ok)
Great Swords (old knightswords) (forced two hands)
Polearm(old spears) (forced two hands)
Daggers (1 range) (dual wield ok, shield ok)
Scepters(old rods) (3 range)(dual wield ok, shield ok)
Tomes(old books) (3 range)(forced 2 hands)
Maces(old flails) (2 range) (shield is ok no dual wield)
Magic Daggers(old knives) (2 range) (cannot be dual wield, shield is ok)
*NOTE* Daggers and Magic Daggers are still in the same category.
Now I know many of you will likely say “why is there so little magic weapon wise?” If I recall very seldomly are magic weapons used effectively within patches/fft because most of the people just get the MA boosting one. In order to balance this out. All mage weapons will have a range Tomes will contain some summons, scepters will have some spells, the maces boost element and be the opposite, and some daggers will have status spells.
If the mage weapon does not have some sort of spell cast, it will be assigned a basic skill I will create called “Magic Burst” which will have a chance to proc and cause MA non-element damage to the target.
Who gets what:
Gladiator- Sword, Dagger, Shield
Bandit- Dagger, Gun, Shield
Scarlet- Sword, Dagger
Ronin- Katana, Bow, Wakazashi
Wyrmkin- Polearm, Great Sword
Guardian- Mace, Great Sword, Shield
Ranger- Bow, Gun
Flintlock- Gun, Shield
Fencer- Sword, Dagger
Pugilist- hand-to-hand ‘fists’
Conjurer- Tomes, Dagger
Thaumaturge- Scepter, Dagger
Naturalist- Mace, Dagger
Marauder- Great Sword, Polearm, Katana
Parivir- Wakazashi, Katana, Dagger
Biskmatar- Wakazashi, Scepter, Shield
Berserker- Hand-to-Hand ‘fists’ (in dual wield mode)
Azure- Tomes, Scepter, Mace, Dagger, Shield
Also I realized that my job requirement chart/diagram was not correct- I was missing fencer: corrected for you guys
Now what I need suggestions on is this, what should the physical weapons do? Any non-endgame weapon ideas that do not require any extravegant modding? I don’t need mage weapons just ones for the physical side.
1. If I am to add elemental weapons they will not strengthen/absorb ect~
2. No elemental absorbtion gear, only element canceling. Shields that absorb elements will have elemental weakness and there will be no weak absorbtions in this patch.
3. ARH will be for some skills in classes. Primarily the “best” moves. This is so my equip heavy weapons, light weapons, ranged weapons, magic weapons will be useful.
4. Undead will be immune to all forms of magic except holy magic. I may implement the ability for them to ALWAYS come back to life after their 3 count making petrification a great solution to undead.
5. The byblos/apanda are imp monsters, thus I will likely swap their and the malboro location. Which means… return of being turned into Imps… but permanetly.
6. Should the Zodiac boss fights have one element they are weak to?